Creating a new hotkey
Power saving and shutdown event
To save PC power, one can suspend the PC when not using it for a period
of time. With PC Keyboard hotkey, you can activate power saving functions
quickly via hotkey.
The power saving and shutdown functions supported are:
- Hibernate Computer
- Lockup Workstation
- Log Off Current User
- Power Off Computer
- Reboot Computer
- Show Shut Down Windows Dialog
- Shutdown Windows
- Start Screen Saver
- Suspend Computer
- Turn Monitor Off
To create a new hotkey to activate one of the above power saving or
- Click on the New button.
- Select "Power Saving and Shutdown" event type. Click Next.
- Select one of the power saving or shutdown function above. Click
- Give a name for the hotkey.
- Select the key combination for the hotkey. We recommend Ctrl +
Alt + <a keyboard key> for this event type.
- Click OK to save the changes.
To test the hotkey, press the key combination to activate the power
saving or shutdown function.