Creating a new hotkey
Open a file event
You can create hotkeys to open files for viewing,
editing, printing etc. This is much faster then to look for the file in the
Windows Explorer. You can also use this event to play a single music file!
For example, you can set Windows + Alt + 1 to open your current
project Word document. Microsoft Word will be run to open the document for
To create a new hotkey to open a file:
- Click on the New button to show the Select Hotkey Event Type window.
- Select "Open a File" event type. Click Next.
- Enter the file location or click Browse to browse and select the
- Select the action to perform: open, edit, print, play etc.
- You can preview the event by clicking the Preview button. Click
- Give a name for the hotkey.
- Select the key combination for the hotkey. We recommend using
Windows + Ctrl + <key> for Open a File hotkey.
- Click OK to save the changes.
To test the hotkey, press the key combination. The file will be opened.
NOTE: You can drag and drop a file into the application window or the
"Open a File" page to create a new hotkey that opens the file.