Creating a new hotkey
Control a Multimedia Player event
You can set up hotkeys to control the a multimedia player even when the
player is not the active application. For example, you can set Windows +
Ctrl + P to activate the Play/Pause function of Windows Media Player.
To create a new hotkey to activate a Windows Media Player function:
- Click on the New button.
- Select "Control Windows Media Player" event type. Click Next.
- Select the player to control.
- Select the player command to activate.
- You can preview the event by clicking the Preview button. Click
- Give a name for the hotkey.
- Select the key combination for the hotkey.
- Click OK to save the changes.
To test the hotkey, press the key combination to activate the selected